Social Video & Multimedia Editor – theScore
theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. Its flagship mobile app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular multi-sport news and data apps in North America, serving millions of fans a month. The company also creates innovative digital sports experiences through its web, social and esports platforms.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Create viral sports content that people enjoy sharing, including video, infographics, memes, and animations.
- Editing content for theScore’s various social platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Managing and producing real time reactions to breaking sports news and coverage of sporting events.
- Consult with social team on developing trending pieces of content throughout the day.
- Maintaining a social media presence that elevates theScore’s brand through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Working efficiently to meet very tight deadlines (newsroom environment).
- Keeping up with latest trends in storytelling, video production, social media and sports.
- Other duties as required.
- 1+ year(s) experience with Non-Linear Editing Software (After Effects, Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro).
- 1+ year(s) experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience writing marketable article teaser/descriptions.
- Knowledge of design principles: including color, layout, and hierarchy.
- Great knowledge of operating MAC computers.
- Proficient knowledge of sports.
- A genuine love for pop culture in sports.
- A general knowledge of all social media platforms, specifically Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Advanced writing skills with superior vocabulary; ability to express yourself, excellent grammar, and attention to detail.
- Must have valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must be able to work shift schedules; nights and weekends required as well.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 19, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.