Specialist, Partnership Marketing – Vancouver Whitecaps
On the pitch, Whitecaps FC is steeped in North American history, dating back to 1974. After making the jump to MLS in 2011, our club has found success year over year. Breaking club point records, continuing the tradition of lifting the Cascadia Cup, winning our first-ever Canadian Championship, and finally bringing the MLS Cup playoffs to BC Place.
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. To help reach this objective, the club is looking for a qualified and passionate individual to fill the role of Specialist, Partnership Marketing.
The Specialist, Partnership Marketing plays a key role within the Partnership Marketing department of Vancouver Whitecaps FC. You will need to take responsibility for ensuring that partner assets and deliverables are managed to ensure the satisfaction level of our partners. You can deliver on revenue goals through partner renewals and upsell and deliver world class service through effective communication and working collaboratively with staff in multiple departments. You will need to understand the overarching objectives of both Whitecaps FC partners and the Partnership department/Whitecaps FC organization.
How you will contribute:
- Manage the planning and execution of all assigned partners’ contractual elements, including traditional media assets, in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
- Maintain superb working relationships with all partnership contacts and ensure a high level of partner satisfaction.
- Contribute to club revenue goals by assisting in all facets of the renewal process, including but not limited to; developing a strategic plan, leading meetings, discussions, & negotiations, creating detailed upsell opportunities.
- Track reporting metrics for partner deliverables and activations and prepare year end reports.
- Manage partner player appearances as required.
- Provide support for all partner events as required.
- Assist with on site activation, production and/or hospitality responsibilities for all home games.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
What are we looking for:
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in marketing, sponsorship and/or client management. Agency experience an asset.
- Successful track record in client management, marketing and promotions, event planning and project management.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, superior execution and delivery.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills; able to meet challenging deadlines and be detail oriented.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates.
- Sales experience an asset
- Knowledge of and experience in the professional sports industry an asset.
This position requires the ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends and the applicant should hold a valid driver’s license.
Why work for the Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional work environment
- Centrally located offices in Gastown
- Excellent training and support to enable you to do the job
- Benefits included a generous extended health and dental plan, unlimited paid time off and heavily discounted game day tickets
- Be part of Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.