Wayne Embry Fellowship
Wayne Embry Fellowship provides one Canadian the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in a professional basketball operations environment.
The fellowship consists of rotations to provide growth of knowledge and experience in all facets of an NBA basketball team. These include: coaching, scouting, team services, player development, medical, financial, equipment, travel and G-League. Each rotation will include a mentor and specific responsibilities in order to learn the role that each department plays within an NBA organization.
As the fellow, you will also have the opportunity to gain event operations experience at NBA Summer League and Basketball without Borders world camp held during NBA All-Star weekend. Travel and accommodations for these events will be covered as part of the Fellowship experience. The Fellow will receive a $30,000 CAD stipend which will be paid out semi-monthly.
Applications for the 2020-2021 Wayne Embry Fellowship will run from January 20 – February 29, 2020.
WHO IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE?
The Toronto Raptors are looking for an individual who exemplifies a passion and commitment to the game of Basketball in the spirit of Wayne Embry’s career over his 50-years as a leader within the NBA.
Mr. Embry is a big believer in letters that begin with the letter P: Perseverance, Persistence, Preparation, Passion, Perception and Pride. If you have demonstrated a commitment to these same words in your life, then this may be the opportunity for you!
HOW TO APPLY
To qualify, all applicants will be asked to submit a formal resume/CV, complete the full online application (including a short answer questionnaire), and submit a link to an online video no longer than 2 minutes in length (YouTube preferred) that demonstrates to our panel:
- How you are uniquely qualified for this fellowship through Wayne Embry’s P’s: Perseverance, Persistence, Preparation, Passion, Perception and/or Pride.
- Why do you want this fellowship?
- How have you demonstrated your passion for basketball?
All applications must be submitted through our online job posting, which will be posted on through the Raptors website (http://www.nba.com/raptors/wayne-embry-fellowship).
Applications will close on February 29, 2020.
- Video submissions must be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Any videos longer than 2 minutes will not be accepted.
- Video submissions should be submitted through YouTube (preferred).
- Candidates are required to submit a resume and fully complete the online application.
- Candidates must be willing to commit to a full 12-month fellowship with the addition of 1-month working the 2021 Summer League. You will be expected to work up to full-time hours for the duration of the fellowship. This is not a part-time opportunity.
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada to apply for this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnerships will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.